EAPA 2011 Summer School: Call for proposals
Next year the 11th European Conference on Psychological Assessment (ECPA2011) will be held in Riga, Latvia, from August 31st to September 3rd, 2011.
Dear EAPA listserv members,
As you already know, the next year the 11th European Conference on Psychological Assessment (ECPA2011) will be held in Riga, Latvia, from August 31st to September 3rd, 2011 (www.ecpa11.lu.lv/). We hope to see most of you there. Please, check the deadlines for submission of works to be presented.
Nevertheless, this message is to bring your attention to a related event that will take place before the conference: the biannual EAPA summer school. In previous editions the organization of a summer school has proven successful and of high relevance for young scholars interested in psychological assessment. Thus, we want to keep running it next year too.
Therefore, we here send you a call for proposals of organization of EAPA summer school. The place will be Riga, and conference organizers will arrange rooms and other facilities and equipment that may be necessary for it. We just need to hear from EAPA members specific proposals that should be designed according to these parameters:
- The proposal should be sent and arranged by an active EAPA member;
- It will include an academic program that would last two or three full days, being these days just before the ECPA conference. Topics, presenters (names/affiliations), and duration of sessions should be clearly specified;
- The target attendees will be young scholars interested in psychological assessment (i.e., PhD students, Post-docs, or young scholars);
- A budget should be outlined. The arrangement of the summer school should economically independent of the conference, and it would not bring any unnecessary or unaffordable economic costs to EAPA. The costs incurred have to be covered with the income derived from the inscription fees;
- Attendees' fees should be kept to a minimum to allow their participation.
- The instruction language will be English.
Deadline for submission of proposals of EAPA summer school: January 5, 2011.
All proposals will be evaluated by EAPA's Executive Committee. The result of the evaluation will be timely communicated through the listserv and the website.
For further information/questions about proposals of EAPA summer school, you may contact us at this email address (email@example.com). Thanks.